Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Four Haircuts Later

It seems Michael and I found just the right hairstylist for him this afternoon! He had a trim just a few weeks ago, but he's so temperamental while having his haircut; it is extremely difficult for anyone to cut his hair. The last haircut was cute, just not short enough. Which means that we have to go back again in a few weeks, and that just isn't at the top of my "fun things to do with Michael" list. The first two haircuts by two different barber's were so-so. Actually, the one around the 4th of July was pretty awful. A few teachers from school recommended a certain local barber, but on my way to her shop I took a turn into the local kid's haircut shop instead. This was the best decision I have made in regards to my son's hair. This place had tons of toys --train tracks, an indoor slide, these fun wooden puzzle toys, TVs, video games, etc., etc. So the wait was pleasant for both of us! Michael played and played. The lady who cut his hair is awesome. She was quick and completely composed throughout the screaming and the head-banging. I was impressed. Anyone who can cut a child's hair while he is having a total meltdown is impressive in my eyes.

0 comments: