
Oh boy!! We experienced a MAJOR temper tantrum tonight with little Michael B. Almost every night Josh takes Michael outside to shoot some hoops. I have to say, it's a precious site...father and son playing bball together before dinner. Tonight the routine was off because Josh got home a little late and I had dinner on the table when he walked in the door (ah...to be a man!!). So, Josh and Michael missed playing basketball outside. But we figured we could make up for this by playing basketball in the bathtub. ( Yep...Michael has a bathtub basketball hoop too...) It turns out that we were WRONG. Dead wrong, as a matter of fact. According to M.B. this was NO substitute for playing ball outside. : ) And so...he cried and cried and clenched his little basketball as tightly as possible. : ( I eventually just hid it in the laundry hamper, hoping that the old "out of sight, out of mind" theory would work in our favor. And, eventually it did...The Nemo bathtub book, given to us by our old neighbor, worked wonders as a distraction. We read it over and over and over...
We're all having a great week. No crying (by us or Michael) when we drop Michael off at his sitter's house...I am in a good routine at school and really enjoy being with my kids...Josh seems happy, but busy with his work too. And an added bonus...I haven't been late for bus duty this week!! Wahoo!!
To Winter
5 years ago

2 comments:
deer in head lights
pathetic
hang dog eyes
adorable
what else can we say
we love the little guy
i need to print out this comment for m.b's scrapbook...
Post a Comment