
Crying it out. That's what we've been up to for the past week, and it is working like a charm. Last Tuesday night I felt like we were still in the newborn-colicky stage without actually having a newborn. I tried to rationalize the seemingly constant crying by telling myself (and Josh) that Michael still wasn't feeling well and that he was teething. And, in all honesty, he may not have been feeling well, BUT he also has figured out that when he cries in the middle of the night Mommy or Daddy will come get him! I put two and two together on Wednesday night, when I gently placed our happy baby boy in his bed after his warm, relaxing bath... and as soon as he hit the crib he turned on the waterworks. So we let him "cry it out" that night, which seems so awful...but it really helped him (and us) to sleep better in the long run. Last night was another long night with the CIO method, it paid off today though because he went to sleep without a peep. We're hoping that Michael has turned a corner because sleep is so important...
To Winter
5 years ago

0 comments:
Post a Comment