After a whale of a day with Michael and Nicholas, we headed a half an hour away from home to the groomer's to pick up Duncan. That's always quite the ordeal for some reason: picking up the dog. I can never seem to make it out the door in time to pick him up, it must be my subconscious working or something. (Just kidding, of course!) We managed to get to Duncan with ten minutes to spare.
On the way home, I played a Christmas CD with the song "Silent Night". Michael was listening intently and said, "MOM! They just said HEAVEN, MOM! Baby Jesus lives in heaven, MOM!" I got a little teary and answered back with a," Yes, he does, Michael!" We talked a bit more about baby Jesus and why we celebrate Christmas, which was just so incredibly sweet.
He then thought a bit more about the conversation and in an excited voice said, "
MOM!! What do you think they do there?! Who's with baby Jesus, MOM?!"
The past few weeks have been really interesting with Michael and all this Christmas business. He is completely intrigued by God and Jesus, and not so much by Santa. The other night while saying a goodnight prayer, we asked God to help Michael B feel better since he has been so sick. I explained to Michael that when we are sick, God can help make us better. He really thought about what I was saying and asked, "Will He come see me tonight, Mom?" I told him that God is with us all the time, when we are awake AND when we are sleeping. Totally intrigued again
, he stated, "But, I can't see Him, Mom."
I'm bracing myself for the Christmas Eve getting dressed in fancy clothes fight that will likely ensue. So, we are going to explain to Michael over and over in the time being that we are dressing up for Jesus and his birthday party. If it's for Jesus, I think he'll comply.
Check out Mr. Nick--he's quite a flirt, isn't he??? : ) He is now ELEVEN weeks!! And, the little rascal is sleeping through the night, which translates to uninterrupted sleep from 10:45pm to 6:00 am. He refuses to sleep in his crib, so I'm giving him just a few more weeks in the bouncy seat. Then it's to the crib he goes!! Nicholas also rubs his eyes when he is tired, those chubby wrists melt my heart.

0 comments:
Post a Comment