...When Michael B is your son?!?!
It's no secret that Josh and I are Barack Obama supporters, and we've made sure to include Michael in a number of our political conversations. He tries to participate in the conversations, but the majoritity of the time his words come out as gibberish. However, he clearly knows who we will be voting for today, and isn't afraid to shout it from the roof tops. "ROCK-A-BAMA!!!," Michael says!!! We've even been reading a book at night to Michael about the presidential election called Grace Campbell for President. And, to our dismay he listens to every word of this incredibly LONG book about the Electoral College.
Josh took Michael to vote with him this morning before he went into the office. The line was incredibly long, for our initials, while the other line was incredibly short. Imagine waiting in line with a three year old for forty-five minutes; Josh really is a great sport! Josh admitted that he was grateful that Michael did not start spouting off about Barack Obama to a bunch of strangers. Somehow, Michael was able to refrain from expressing his political views to the masses. Josh was happy to see the children's voting booth, but both he and Michael were disappointed to learn that you have to be FIVE to vote. (What a bummer.) Michael still got a sticker, though.
Michael has not missed an election day in all of his three years! Way to go, Michael B!!!
Pictures to come of Nicholas voting later on in the day. : )

5 comments:
How sweet! I think it is so important to include kids in the process. I always remember going with my mom to vote and I'm sure the inclusion is a strong part of how I feel about the right today.
HUGS!
Amy
What a cute story! The kids went with me this morning to vote for change, then I dragged them (willingly, thank goodness) to the Obama office to do a little clerical work. We also went canvassing! I'll have to tell you about the scary man I encountered! I think they've had their fill of this amazing election. :) Rock-A-Bama!
I still remember my parents taking me to vote when I was a kid. I see a politician in Michaels future :)
I am so proud Michael B participates in our democracy! And supports Obama!
Baby Nicholas is just beautiful -- and in some of the pictures when he sleeps in the sun, he reminds me of Michael B...
can't wait to see you all and greet the newest member of our family. love you all, karen
O B A M A
Racial Barrier Falls as Voters Embrace Call for Change
Post a Comment