Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Almost Normal...


My mom stayed with us today because Josh needed to get back to work. The morning started out a little rough. Michael threw two fits in the course of about two hours. One being as soon as he got out of bed, nothing like waking to a screaming three year old! ( At least the baby wasn't crying, too.) Naturally, I was a little worried about how the day would go. As it turned out, the day could not have been better. My mom and I took the boys to a local co-op farm, that is full of fun activities for kiddies. We went on a hay ride, picked out four pumpkins, watched a pig race, jumped on a gigantic pumpkin inflated with air, and we played on a toddler/little kids playground. Towards the end of our visit, we bought some hot apple cider and kettle corn. Nicholas cooperated quite well by sleeping throughout the entire outing. 

Today I was so grateful to no longer be pregnant, with a baby ramming my rib cage. I could breathe, I could climb on the gigantic pumpkin with my Michael (though I probably should not have..), and I was able to truly enjoy his laughter and curiosity again. It's been a long, long time since I have felt good enough to truly appreciate his magical age. And, sharing this wonderful day with my mom and Nicholas was quite a delight, as well. We can't wait to take Josh back to this farm, Michael wants to take him back TONIGHT. That's how much fun he had today, and I'm so glad for that. The new baby is kind of taking it's toll on Michael B right now, which is completely understandable and to be expected.  


I am looking forward to more days like this one...

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Ahhh, what a precious day. That is wonderful too that you are feeling better to enjoy the moments with your boys (and mom too). The pictures are so cute!

4 Gobblers said...

I love the picture of Michael running! He looks like he had a great time. You look awesome! I can't believe it's only been 2 weeks!