I admire people who seem to have it all together. You know, people who find out the GENDER of their baby, people who actually pick out a name before the baby comes, people who pack their hospital bag a good six weeks in advance, people who are able to decide on a diaper bag; because I am NOT one of those people.
While we were on our beach vacation, I decided that it might help things if I picked out a diaper for the new baby. You know, because diaper bags are helpful when you take the babe out in public, and stuff. And, let me just say that there are waaaay too many diaper bags out there! Which, has left me with yet another thing that I can't decide upon. Do I get a bag that sort of matches my purse or one with a print? Do I get a big bag or small bag? One that is monogramed or not? And, the color! What if the diaper bag doesn't match my coat? I'm going crazy, here! So, I've sort of narrowed the choices down to a "skip hop" bag, which attaches to the stroller handles, or one from pottery barn kids, or one from Land's End. My goal is to order one by the end of the day.
The name game is not fun, I've decided. A few days ago, a family friend asked about names and I went through the list and she didn't react. It was clear that she did not care for any of the names that Josh and I like, which is really no big deal at all. And, her name suggestions were so incredibly far from ANYTHING that we would choose for our baby! So, I'm starting to figure out that we need to just keep our mouths shut when it comes to names. It's almost like we're kind of looking for a reaction to the name to support our top choices. Last evening Josh and I went through a long list of boy's names. We both ended up feeling very frustrated. Josh wants to have the name all picked out before the baby comes, but I just don't think it's going to happen! And, really that's okay with me, but not with Josh! I told Josh that I think the baby is going to have a "black-horse" name. You know, one that we haven't even thought of, yet. (That's what we did with Michael.) Of course, Josh can't stand that idea. He says that he's trying to prevent that from happening again!
And, of course, I'm feeling totally frustrated that we didn't find out the gender! We could have the room totally ready, but we don't. The crib is up! And, we have sheets for the crib and diapers for the baby, so we're set! Right? I went through the tubs of baby clothes two days ago and couldn't decide if I should pull out the little boy clothes or not. So, I pulled out a few outfits and the girl outfits that we bought before M's birth. Tomorrow, I am hoping to buy a going home outfit for the baby, if I can find what I'm looking for. And, I guess I'll go ahead and pack a bag because I guess that baby could be joining us sometime soon now.
Being a natural procrastinator and slacker, I suppose I expect my children to follow suit. And, I do like to think of my "procrastination" issues as being "relaxed" and "laid back". : ) Time to go work on this nameless baby's room.

8 comments:
Awh sugar...love it...great post...I have no idea what I'd do, but with most things - I just say that we figure it out as we go and everything turns out as it should :) I'm sure that you have everything under control...even if it doesn't feel like it at times!
HUGS!
Amy
I have a Skip-hop bag and LOVE it. It was the best thing I ever bought!!!!!!
If God ment for you and Josh to know the gender of your new addition he wouuld have given you a see-through belly!!! Enjoy that it is goona be a suprise!
As for the name...don't fret I am a total beliver that you have to meet a baby before you can choose a name. Besides I am sure that whatever name you choose will fit perfectly! (But just to be selfish I adore Esther for a girl and Byron for a boy)
tw
Deep breaths! Everything will work out fine in the end - diaper bags AND names.
It was great walking and talking with you this morning! Hope you're not too tired and that you'll sleep well tonight.
I have 2 skip hop's and love them both. I have one from target which was the perfect size (and price) and I also have a skip hop duo... I love them both. I also adore my Vera bradley bags. While pricey, they wash up so nicely and also are sooo um, stuffable? Is that a word? :) You can fit SO much in them. But unlike the skip hop, you cant attach them to the stroller handle. I do so love that feature about the skip hop...If you want, you can swing by... I've got every single bag on the face of the planet. I love them all dearly, and will put on a fashion show for you! :)
Hey Kate, check out the ebags.com Bundle Baby bag...it's HUGE and great for 2 kids... :)
Good luck! When I went shopping for my cousins baby shower a few weeks ago, I couldn't belive all the options on EVERYTHING. I looked at my mom and said, even though I shouldn't can I start my regisrty now so I don't miss anything! We both laughed, but I meant it!
I'm sure it will all work out in the end, but its so much to do in a little time window!
Hi. I'm Kelli. I found your blog through Hilary's portfolio. I had to comment because with our second we tried 3 times to find out and NEVER could. It drove me crazy. Hang in there and I know people say this all the time but it really is awesome when the baby comes out and the doctor tells you the gender. We went with reds, blues, yellows and stuff for the theme.
Good luck.
Post a Comment