Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Blueberry Tea Cake!




Michael and I bagged the crafts today. We decided to put a few ounces on the baby instead. We made a delicious blueberry tea cake. This is the recipe that we used, just click on this link. (FYI on the recipe: we used real blueberries, 2 cups, instead of pie filling.)

After the cake cooled, we took a few pieces to my Grandmother's house. She made us a delicious lunch today. And, as usual after lunch, Michael HAD to play in her yard. He has a very special spot in her yard where he likes to line up his cars. It's so precious. It's on a little hill with a patch of dirt and rocks, a little boy's dream! Michael took a soccer ball outside this afternoon, as well, and created his own basketball game with a hanging basket. My job was to reach in the basket and pull out the ball when he made his shots! It's so interesting to watch his imagination grow everyday. He's turning into a little boy right before our eyes.

I'm not feeling the greatest this evening, so this is a short post. : ) My back and ribs are killing me. And, don't get excited, it's just due to the size of the baby--not contractions! I'm ready for the little one to drop, that's for sure. The last few weeks are kind of rough.

2 comments:

The Sweet Family said...

MMMM that looks fantastic!

I love seeing the excitement in MB's eyes.

You could have used Blueberry for the B word!

Anonymous said...

Sorry you weren't feeling well Kate...I love these pics...MB's tan, smile, and shirt are awesome!!! I want some of that blueberry cake too!

Love
Amy