We can't help it. Josh and I have our eyes set on what Hurricane Faye is going to do in the next few days. Yesterday it looked like Faye would be heading straight up the east coast, giving us a good dousing of rain on Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday. (Lovely.) However, there is a "chance" that Faye will hit the western side of Fl's coast. I presume that this would be good news for us? Josh says that we're leaving early, if the hurricane decides to head this way. I told him that we would do no such thing. (Guess who the driver is, though? Guess who wears the pants in family? ---Josh. and, Josh.)
All the hurricane talk aside, today is a sunny, hot, beautiful day at the beach. It's actually amazing how crowded the development is for the week. I don't think we've ever seen such a huge crowd here. When we got down to the beach this morning, Josh made us walk SO FAR, so that we could be away from the crowd. I was so ticked that he was making Michael and me walk a half a mile down the beach for a "special uncrowded spot". (I am eight months pregnant, after all.) About forty-five minutes into sitting on the beach, I was singing Josh's praises. : ) The area in front of our development was PACKED with families, which would have made it difficult to keep a close eye on Michael B. I guess most people took advantage of the lower rates for this week, and since most schools haven't started back; this is a great family beach week. I did tell Josh that even though his "ideas" irritate me at times, I was very happy with the spot he found us this morning. Though, it was reminiscent of a "Griswald" family vacation moment. You know, the dad, hauling the family down the beach to find the perfect location.
We spent all morning outside, playing in the sand, waves, and the pool. Michael continues to enjoy every minute of playing on the beach. He absolutely loves to "play cars" in the sand, which gives Josh and me plenty of time to read on the beach. I've already finished one book and I'm now working on another. I love having my nose in a good book at the beach!
After the rascal wakes from his nap, we're heading back out for more time on the beach!
Stay tuned for Faye updates...Oh, and pictures, too!

2 comments:
Oh, how I love you guys...the blog is a little like being there with you...You are all so beautiful and your happiness shines brightly...Even the rain will be nice and maybe a rainbow will show up....Continue your lovely vacation...see you when you get home...
Love and kisses...MJ
Good luck avoiding Faye! I hope it dosen't come up the east coast (for your vacation sake and ours since we don't need the rain).
Sounds like a great beach day, even after the long walk. Keep enjoying!
Post a Comment