GOOD. NESS.
We are home. We are home. Let me say it one more time: WE ARE HOME! Thank. Good. Ness.
Wonder how many times we stopped today? Nine. Nine times. That's a lot. Here's a run down of the stops:
Stop 1: The realtor's house. ACCIDENTALLY, I backed into this green thing in the driveway of the rental house as we were leaving. Water started to spray out of this green thing. We had to address the issue.
Stop 2: The hotel that we stayed at LAST Friday. Josh was billed twice, so we wanted to get that taken care of before he goes to work on Monday.
Stop 3: Gas because it was cheap. (Thank you, Government, for the ridiculously high gas prices. I am aware that they are decreasing, though.)
Stop 4: Lunch. It was HORRIBLE. I ordered a salad- how do you screw THAT up? I looked at it and wanted to puke. In fact, I think I dry heaved a little when I looked at the chicken.
Stop 5: Michael has to poop. (This is like 20 minutes after lunch.) Bathroom is too dirty, according to Josh. And, there is no soap.
Stop 6: Michael still has to poop. (We go to another gas station across the street.)
Stop 7: Snacks, bathroom break, belly break.
Stop 8: Dinner. A good, sit down dinner that didn't make me want to vomit. We were all very happy.
Stop 9: Gas. Again, because it's cheaper than gas at home. (Again, thank you, Government.) By the ninth stop, I thought I was going to scream. Honestly.
We made it, though. And, I will not be taking anymore TEN hour car trips between now and this child's birth.
There is NO place like home, is there?
To Winter
5 years ago

2 comments:
So glad to hear you are safe at home! It looks like you had a great time. I've been enjoying keeping up with your vacation. Give me a call Wed.! ;)
No there isn't any place like home! Wow Kate - that must have been an exhausting trip back to say the least!!! I like how you outlined it :) I think the drive home is always a bear, but so worth it!
Love you!
Amy
Post a Comment