It sure does feel good to be home. We all slept so well last evening, I don't even think I got up to pee in the middle of the night. (That rarely happens anymore these days!) Michael has been so content to play with his toys and Duncan all morning long. He was up bright and early this morning, ready to play cars! I was hoping to sleep in just a little bit, but Michael was way too happy to stay in bed this morning.
Tomorrow we are going to begin the "back to school" routine. Which, basically means that Michael is going back to the sitter's house a couple of days during the work week. Josh and I vascilated on sending him to a preschool versus the sitter's house all summer long, and we both just decided to stick with our beloved sitter. Michael adores her, and she runs her daycare just like a preschool. He's very happy, he seems to be learning quite a bit, and it just seems to be the right fit for right now. Maybe we'll change our minds when he's four, and is getting ready for kindergarten.
Michael seems very eager to see his friends and to learn at Ms. Peggy's tomorrow. He has shown a TREMENDOUS interest in writing over the past two weeks. It's totally developmentally normal, I'm sure, but very exciting, nonetheless. We've been working on his name all week at the beach and he's come a long way. The whole time that we've been working on his name, I'm thinking; should we start with his name or should we start at the beginning of the alphabet with a lower case and upper case A? Right now I'm just following his lead. I do think I am going to hit up the teacher's store in our town for ideas on one of his daycare/school days this week. Josh has been nagging me to go there all summer. He wants THAT BOY TO LEARN! : ) (He's such a sweet dad! Michael is so blessed.)
To Winter
5 years ago

1 comments:
Welcome back! Ahh, to get back to the normal routine! Yup, its tough but always good to do too. Good luck getting back into the back to school routine too!
Post a Comment