Monday, August 25, 2008

Day Care for the Dog?

Have I mentioned that I have the most annoying, hyperactive, OCD dog on the planet?

Normally, I am conscious of using the pronoun "we", rather than "I", because Duncan is jointly owned by both Josh and me. However, this dog has made it his mission to follow EVERY. SINGLE. STEP. "I" take EVERY. MINUTE. OF. THE. DAY. He's CLEARLY ALL!! MINE!! at this time. I sure do hope that once the baby arrives, he'll chill. Because if he doesn't, he's either going to spend the entire day in the crate OR I'm going to strike a deal with Michael's sitter. In the near future, I'm also going to buy a water bottle to squirt in his face when he jumps on our guests. I can't stand the jumping on people, I actually cringe when people come to the door-his behavior is THAT bad. It's either a squirt bottle, pepper spray, a little bit of alcohol slipped into his water bowl, or a drop kick. The water bottle (not bowl!) seems more humane, don't you think?

I do love my dog. No need to call the animal shelter, at this time...

3 comments:

Noelle said...

haha..I am sitting at work right now reading this and everyone is looking at me because I'm laughing SO hard! My dog is the SAME WAY..he jumps on EVERYONE, oh and licks them to death!! Hopefully he will chill out soon!

Amanda said...

Good luck with that one! I think you should start with the water bottle and if that dosen't work, straight to the spiked water! That is too funny!

Anonymous said...

Hahaha! I completely understand your pain with the nervous feeling of having guests at the door...Bailee is small, but it is still so embarrassing! I'd never thought of the water bottle idea...that doesn't sound too bad! Good luck sugar!

Amy