Monday, July 28, 2008

Where to start???

We've been busy, busy, busy the past few days!  As a result, I've been feeling a little tired and cranky.  This afternoon I was able to nap while Michael napped, which helped to relieve my exhaustion tremendously.  So did the nice, cool, relaxing swimming pool for three hours this afternoon.  (What in the heck are we going to do when it closes???)


This weekend Josh and I went out on a  date for the first time in ages.  We went to see The Producers with another couple and we went out to dinner (just the two of us).  The musical was simply fantastic.  Both of us have wanted to see The Producers for years, but the opportunity has not really presented itself. So, we went to a matinee on Saturday and laughed our tails off.  This is a hysterical musical, especially if you are an accountant (or, an accountant's wife!). After we saw the musical, Josh decided that he needs to spread the word at the accounting firm to see this show.  

Our dinner out was heavenly!  I was able to use the restroom without stressing out over a certain someone rubbing his hands all over the toilet seat.  Josh and I were also able to carry on a quiet conversation, with very few "why" questions.  I ordered french fries, primarily because I'm going to enjoy the fattening food while I can.  I also ordered them because I could eat them without having to share; which always makes me feel guilty that my son is eating french fries while he should be eating broccoli! We ended the evening with a trip to a frozen custard stand.  Again, heaven!!  

I've been out running/walking a good bit lately.  (Not today or yesterday, though.)  Friday I ran a few miles on the treadmill and then walked that evening with my friend, Carrie.  And, Saturday my girlfriend and dear old neighbor came into town.  So, we met another running buddy at the track and did at least six miles (maybe more...) running/walking.  Yesterday I could barely move! Just kidding.  I was  little sore and stiff, though.  

Yesterday was an eventful day around here because we met with our painter!!!  He is coming this week to paint a number of the rooms upstairs: Michael's room, the Baby's room, our bedroom, and the two bathrooms.  I'm actually nervous about this situation, primarily because we picked out the colors rather quickly this time. Josh was getting frustrated with me because I couldn't make up my mind, so I just put a few check marks on the color swatches. The next thing I knew, the painter was in our house giving us an estimate.  (yiiiiikeess!!)

In terms of baby news, I hit the 30 week mark today.  Whoa!  And, a new name has risen to our "short list" for a girl, Caroline.  Josh really likes the name "Cara". So, we decided that if we have a girl and if we name her Caroline, Josh can have a special nickname for her.  Josh is fairly certain that we are having a girl this time.  In fact, he wants to start buying pink clothes and bedding for a girl's room. I told him that we need to wait.  

That's all for now...



1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hahaha! I love that Josh is convinced it is a girl. His excitement either way is adorable...I suppose it wouldn't hurt to buy a few pink things, right? :)

Good luck with the paint colors! I did the exact same "quick" pick-out on th isle in Home Depot and it worked out - I'm sure the rooms will look awesome!


Luv,
Amy