Michael and I spent about four hours swimming at a really "fun pool" with a friend and her two adorable kiddos yesterday morning/early afternoon. This fun pool is so kid/toddler friendly: there are fountains surrounding the pool, little slides, climbing toys, and a well shaded area with a bench in the pool. (The shaded area is Josh's favorite part!) Michael, Josh, and I love this pool! Yesterday, though, Michael truly had a ball!! Since it was our first trip to this pool for the summer, Michael did his little excited dance as soon as we walked through the gate. Obviously, he didn't remember this pool from the past summers. We can't wait to meet our friends again sometime soon at the fun pool.
Yesterday was also Michael's first day of swimming lessons. They were "eehhh". He wasn't very cooperative about hopping in the water with his teachers. However, he did swim with them a little bit and didn't have a "fit". So, that's an accomplishment, I think. Due to my bad planning, he was also exhausted from swimming at the "fun pool" all morning. His feet are so torn up from the concrete pool surfaces, so I think by last evening he was finished with the water because his little feet were in PAIN!
This morning Michael and I headed to Target for a pair of water shoes. I am hopeful that the shoes will help his sore, little feet! After yesterday's activities, we were all ready for bed by nine last evening. My legs actually ached from being on the move ALL DAY LONG. I told Josh that I felt like a kid who had spent the day swimming at a beach.
What a great feeling, right? Being tired from having too much fun is SO much better than being tired from stress.

4 comments:
I love all the happy happy pool pics. I cannot wait until we can be pool rats. You are positively glowing, Katie. I have a care package of baby and pregnancy things to send to you, so I am going to have to make sure I have your correct address soon. Give my love to Michael and Josh.
Love love - Meleah
Awwww, great photos. Looks like MB had a great time. I wondered when you were doing swim lessons. :) Is Breanna his teacher? AC LOVES her!! She is great. If she is, tell her that Audrey is his girlfriend, she'll get a kick out of that.
I hope you found some water shoes, I know how painful that pool can be especially when their little tootsies are in them for so long. :) Have a great week.
Running on Friday am if you want to join us.
Hugs to all~~
Looks like you guys had a great time. Where exactly is this fun pool? It looks like something my kids would totally dig. Hope the rest of swimming lesson go well. Which it seems that they are. And you are totally right about being tired because of fun that's way better than a stressed tired. BTW love the pics of MB he looks like he's having a ball.
Enjoy the rest of your week..
~Jamie
Love all of the pics and I'm glad you all had a nice time. The last one is my favorite. MB's cheeks are so cute! Water shoes are great - hope you all found some!
Amy
Post a Comment