"Baby" and I have a new trick!! Check it out!!
That's something that I couldn't have done six months ago, now is it?!
That's something that I couldn't have done six months ago, now is it?!
Well! Baby and I are moving to the end of the 26th week!! Unbelievable. Overall, I'm feeling fantastic and I'm enjoying every minute of feeling Baby kick and wriggle around. Last night Baby was moving all over the place during Michael's swimming lesson. Truthfully, I have absolutely no pregnancy complaints: I'm so happy and I'm enjoying every minute of being pregnant.
Now, those around me may see things a little bit differently... I've been a teensy, weensy bit "moody" the past few days. Duncan, the anxiety-ridden dog, has faced most of my wrath. I completely adore our dog, he's a sweetheart and is so faithful. However, the anxiety is DRIVING ME UP THE WALL!! He follows me EVERYWHERE: the toilet, the kitchen, upstairs, downstairs, the laundry room, the car, the garage, EVERYWHERE. I find myself tripping over him on daily basis because he is never more than two feet away from my side. It would sound like this is some amazing intuitive sense that he has right now, but it's not. He's been like this ever since we moved to this new house. He is completely unsettled and it's so frustrating! He had a check up with the vet this week, and I tried really hard to explain my issue with the following me around the house, and they just smiled. And, I wanted to smack the vet. assistant. Michael doesn't even follow me in the bathroom, for crying out loud! So, to have a dog in there, just staring at you? Call me hormonal, but it's ANNOYING! I was really searching for a prescription offer from the vet, but came home fruitless...
And, here's another example of me being a little moody. (Aren't these stories fun?) I'm in Target, trying on a second maternity bathing suit and I hear a knock on the door. One would assume, that if the door is locked there must be a customer in the changing room. The person knocking was the clerk, she loudly asks if someone is changing in the room. I respond to her question and then she says, "Oh, did you know THIS ROOM IS FOR THE HANDICAPPED?!?!" Honestly, I knew that. I have used this changing room since Michael was like three weeks old because it's nice and spacious and has a good mirror. So, in the middle of changing in to another stinking suit that didn't fit, I wanted to shout back, "DO YOU WANT ME TO COME OUT NAKED? BECAUSE I WILL, MA'AM." Of course, I didn't respond that way. And, I thought to myself, Katie you are going to feel like the biggest jerk ever if you walk out and there is a handicapped woman waiting for this room. I hustled up, and got out of the handicapped room. When I step out of the room, guess who was waiting? A pregnant mom and a daughter, and they were not handicapped. I was so annoyed with the clerk. Mainly, because it's not easy to squeeze yourself into an itty, bitty changing room when you're feeling huge and it's hard to bend over. There wasn't a soul to be found trying on clothes yesterday morning in that Target, until the pregnant mom and daughter showed up.
I'm completely aware of the fact that this was SO not a big deal and I should have just moved merrily along, but the hormones got the best of me. : ) Josh just laughs when he hears these stories, and then makes some comment about how he's so glad he hasn't had to deal with the 'Wrath of Katie.' The world peace shirt that I'm wearing in this picture suits me well, doesn't it?
Now, those around me may see things a little bit differently... I've been a teensy, weensy bit "moody" the past few days. Duncan, the anxiety-ridden dog, has faced most of my wrath. I completely adore our dog, he's a sweetheart and is so faithful. However, the anxiety is DRIVING ME UP THE WALL!! He follows me EVERYWHERE: the toilet, the kitchen, upstairs, downstairs, the laundry room, the car, the garage, EVERYWHERE. I find myself tripping over him on daily basis because he is never more than two feet away from my side. It would sound like this is some amazing intuitive sense that he has right now, but it's not. He's been like this ever since we moved to this new house. He is completely unsettled and it's so frustrating! He had a check up with the vet this week, and I tried really hard to explain my issue with the following me around the house, and they just smiled. And, I wanted to smack the vet. assistant. Michael doesn't even follow me in the bathroom, for crying out loud! So, to have a dog in there, just staring at you? Call me hormonal, but it's ANNOYING! I was really searching for a prescription offer from the vet, but came home fruitless...
And, here's another example of me being a little moody. (Aren't these stories fun?) I'm in Target, trying on a second maternity bathing suit and I hear a knock on the door. One would assume, that if the door is locked there must be a customer in the changing room. The person knocking was the clerk, she loudly asks if someone is changing in the room. I respond to her question and then she says, "Oh, did you know THIS ROOM IS FOR THE HANDICAPPED?!?!" Honestly, I knew that. I have used this changing room since Michael was like three weeks old because it's nice and spacious and has a good mirror. So, in the middle of changing in to another stinking suit that didn't fit, I wanted to shout back, "DO YOU WANT ME TO COME OUT NAKED? BECAUSE I WILL, MA'AM." Of course, I didn't respond that way. And, I thought to myself, Katie you are going to feel like the biggest jerk ever if you walk out and there is a handicapped woman waiting for this room. I hustled up, and got out of the handicapped room. When I step out of the room, guess who was waiting? A pregnant mom and a daughter, and they were not handicapped. I was so annoyed with the clerk. Mainly, because it's not easy to squeeze yourself into an itty, bitty changing room when you're feeling huge and it's hard to bend over. There wasn't a soul to be found trying on clothes yesterday morning in that Target, until the pregnant mom and daughter showed up.
I'm completely aware of the fact that this was SO not a big deal and I should have just moved merrily along, but the hormones got the best of me. : ) Josh just laughs when he hears these stories, and then makes some comment about how he's so glad he hasn't had to deal with the 'Wrath of Katie.' The world peace shirt that I'm wearing in this picture suits me well, doesn't it?

4 comments:
Happy 26 weeks! That is so exciting!
very funny stories.... birthday's coming soon!
and just so you know, i think you should have come out naked.... but that's just me......
anonymous fatherinlaw
I think pregnant moms should get the handicapped parking too!
HAHAHAHA! I was cracking up while reading this. I would have been searching for some meds for Duncan as well. I swear one of my parents dogs has OCD and it is so sad to think about the anxiety they feel and then frustration it creates for us! I would have been real irritated with the clerk too :)
Amy
Post a Comment