
Michael and his Uncle Daniel
We have truly enjoyed seeing Uncle Daniel for the past two weeks!
This afternoon Michael and I went out to lunch with my mom and my brother, Daniel. Michael adores each of his uncles, on both sides of our family. It is such a blessing for him to be surrounded by such loving aunts and uncles.
Daniel is going to be a wonderful father one day. He is so gentle around Michael, but also doesn't let him forget about using manners. (Gotta love that!) I thanked Daniel today at lunch for reminding Michael to use "please" and "thank you" with my Mom. Daniel is also always ready to take Michael to the bathroom, to help him get ready for his nap, to color, and to play cars.
We sure do wish that he lived closer! Michael and I might try to slip down to see him this summer for a quick visit, even though he's so busy with school and work. I'm sure he'd make time for Michael B, though.


2 comments:
My niece is the same way with my husband. Her first big girl words were Uncle Jeff. She absolutly adores him and vise versa. Of course I do too, but its always him first. Its great that kids have other loving avenues in thier little lives and they know it too.
Hey Kate,
I'm glad you all had a nice visit with Daniel. I'm sure he misses you all just as much! I guess I should never take for granted having my family close to me :)
Smiles ~ Amy
Post a Comment