Monday, June 23, 2008

Such a Cutie!

Two sweet Michael stories that I want to remember from today:

1. This morning I was cleaning up the kitchen when Michael begged me to come into his playroom to review the cars from the movie "Cars". We bought him the Cars CD, which has a giant picture of all the cars from the movie. He likes to name as many of them as he can. Actually, scratch that. He likes for JOSH and ME to name as many of the cars as we can. I got through about fifteen or twenty of them and couldn't name another one. So, Michael then said, "That's okay, Mom. I can get my glasses. That will help." He then grabbed his sun glasses from the family room to help him identify the rest of the cars from the movie.

2. And, then this evening. Michael just finished using the toilet (all by himself! ) and needed help putting his clothes back on. As I was dressing him, he looked into my eyes and started to play with my hair. He put my hair on top of my head and said, "Awww!!! Mom!!! You look just like a princess!" As soon as I got his clothes situated, I gave him a huge hug.

He's such a sweetheart, just like his dad. I'm so thankful that I get to have a whole year of these moments and I think Josh is, too!


***And, YES! Today was the start of Wimbledon! We aren't going this year, but it's a dream of ours. Josh and I made a pact to see all of the major tennis tournaments together when we reach a point that we can. Too bad I didn't watch any tennis until now (9 PM), Michael is a bit of a TV junkie. I leave the TV off as much as I can during the day. If I could just leave it on without him noticing, that would be great. He's a little bit older now, though. : ( ***



4 comments:

Karen Hobert Flynn said...

Hey Katie
Happy Belated Birthday!
I recognize the shirt Michael is wearing for your birthday dinner!

It must feel so great to have some time off to enjoy the summer! i am jealous.

enjoy, and my love to you and your boys...karen

Melis B said...

YES...I was right!! I am so pumped!! I knew you and Josh have a love affair with Wimbledon! Maybe Michael or #2 will play one day AT Wimbledon (wouldn't that be SO cool) Can we be invited if they do?? :)

Oh~~ and you do have the sweetest boy EVER!! He's noe even mine and I want to hug him all the time when he says such sweet things. It's great you write it all down to remember when he's older. :)

Thanks for sharing!!

Anonymous said...

Awh, what sweet little stories abotu MB. He is so precious and you can tell that little man has a huge, huge heart. These brought a BIG smile to my face.

Have fun watching tennis!!!

Luv,
Amy

Amanda said...

Those stories are so precious! Thanks for sharring.