Michael seems to be a little bit on the stubborn side.
For weeks, actually months, he has convinced himself that he can not put his shoes on without help. When Josh and I instruct him to at least try, he moans, groans, and pouts. There have been a few occasions where he has mastered this skill without help, though he quickly forgets that he was, indeed, able to put his shoes on without help.
However! We have finally made progress!He is now a "pro" at putting his shoes on. Thank goodness (!) because bending over at the waist isn't as easy as it used to be! Michael can now put any type of shoe on his foot: crocs, sandals, and even sneakers (he calls them "tennis shoes"). He is so proud of this newfound skill. In fact, he is so proud that he has to put his shoes on before bed, right after his bath, as soon as he wakes from his nap. Anytime this boy is barefoot, he reaches quickly for his shoes! In the above picture, taken on his birthday, Michael snuck out of his room, grabbed his sneakers, put them ON, and hopped back into bed and fell asleep with his shoes on. (Notice that they're on the wrong feet! : ) )
Now, if we could only convince him to poop on the potty; we'd really be in business! He's convinced himself that he simply CAN NOT poop on the potty. In fact, he's been "holding it" as an attempt to AVOID the number 2 on the potty! Fun stuff, we've got going on in three year old land, I tell you!! This is just another reason that I can't wait for summer break: potty training boot camp. I'm hopeful, though, that once he catches on (like with the shoes!) that we'll have no trouble getting this kiddo potty trained. We'll see, though. I have to convince him that he can do it first, which is no easy task! He always does things when he's good and ready, and not a moment too soon. And, boy can he be stubborn! : )

2 comments:
Such a cute story. Love the wrong feet. I remember the days of "holding it". Jacob was about one month past his 3rd bday when he just decided he was ready to go on the potty. Hopefully MB will decide sooner rather than later. Good Luck!
Have a great week...
~Jamie
What a precious story and a great picture to capture it all...good luck with the potty training - I laugh when I read about it b/c it is cute to read, but I'm sure you'll all be relieved when it is done!
Love,
Amy
Post a Comment