Instead of being mall rats, I think Michael and I are pool rats. Since Michael enjoys swimming so much this summer, we frequent the pool quite a bit these days. Today we took Josh to the pool to show him all of Michael's new swimming skills: hopping on one foot in the big pool, going under the water, and driving the cars around the baby pool.
Tomorrow Michael starts swimming lessons, on his own. I think this will be very interesting! I am eager to see if he goes directly to the instructor or if he will cling to our legs. Unfortunately, for the the teacher's sake, I am going to be one of "those" mother's who hangs out directly beside the pool so that I can keep a close eye on my little guy. The water is still kind of deep for him, as it comes up to the bottom part of his chin. And, now that he thinks he can hop around on one foot, he falls frequently and has trouble getting back to the surface. (A little scary...for me, not him.)
So, yes! Here is yet another one of my neuroses! : ) Swimming/water safety. I don't think that I would ever be able to have a pool in my backyard, even with the very fanciest, state of the art technology to keep children out of the pool unattended. Call me paranoid, but he's still a little guy and I want to be there just in case he needs me. It's curious that I am so paranoid about the water, considering I've been a "swimmer" practically my whole life. I started swim team around third/fourth grade and I was a lifeguard/swim instructor for at least seven years, or so. The water really terrifies me, though, especially since I have a child. Of course, I'll do my very best to mask this fear, so that he's not scared and so that he has a blast tomorrow evening!
And, here's a question to all mother's out there: Should I have two maternity bathing suits? What do you think? We go to the pool at least three or four times a week and we'll be at the beach for a week this summer. Is it a waste of money since (HOPEFULLY!!) I won't be wearing either one next summer because I'll be back at my "fighting weight"? : ) Would you buy two?

8 comments:
I am SO the same way about the water and the kids. I am very FEARFUL that if I am not there something terrible will happen. I find it strange too. I grew up spending my summers at the pool and beach. I myself and completely comfortable in the water...but when it comes to the kids I get goosebumps. I think it's totally normal though!!!
I personally think you should treat yourself to a second bathing suit!!...especially if you are spending so much time at the pool :)
I am glad you guys are enjoying your summer!! I have been enjoying ALL of your posts!!
I would buy two for sure, especially as much you to frequent the pool. It would definetely not be a waste plus in case you haven't heard Old Navy having a Summer sale. When I was in there all their bathing suits were on sale like 40% or 50% off and they do sell maternity there.
Love the pic of you and MB.
Have a great week...
~Jamie
I would be worried about him in water too, since he is so tiny.
Just like you, I've been around water all my life, but when I get tripped up or take in water unexpectivly, I panic a little myself. So, you never know around water how someone would react.
I would so the same and stick around too.
I'm giving advice anyway! I would absolutely buy two suits Kate & this is a GREAT time of year to get them on sale. If you all are going to be pooling it up that often & at the beach for a week - you simply must have a back-up...you never know when you might need the 2nd!!!
Good luck at lessons tonight & have fun!
Love,
Amy
It was so great to see you yesterday. You look absolutely fabulous, like usual. I would say "YES!" to a second bathing suit. You will probably be able to find one on sale since summer is already started. I think that I had three, the year I was pregnant with Trenton. I found two a Target for a nice price and found one at Motherhood maternity on sale for $19. So, I say go for it! I am sure that Josh would agree with me and saying that you deserve it. You really do so much with Michael B, he is so lucky to have such a great mom! Can't wait til we can get together. Take care,
Deb
You guys are really looking quite comfy at the pool!
You are so lucky to have the summer off to spend time with MB.
How nice it will be as well when
Have a great week!
Every girl needs 2 bathing suits...maybe 3. mj
OOPS, forgot to finish.
How nice it will be as well for you when the little one arrives!
(thats what happens when my multi-tasking hits a snag!)
Post a Comment