Monday, June 23, 2008

NESTING? ALREADY????





I think Josh and I are nesting.  Already.  This is very bizarre to me.  I am a procrastinator, in every sense of the word. Like I mentioned in another post, I can get up every morning at five (not run) and still be late for school.  That's a skill, folks. It's incredibly aggravating.  I truly think that my procrastination issue has to do with my desire to NOT know the gender of the baby.  It gives me a reason to "wait" on getting the room ready.  With Michael, our friend Jason came over to paint Michael's nursery in our old house, just weeks before Michael was born.  I convinced Josh to wait on ordering specific gender bedding for the baby.  And, of course, everything turned out just fine.

This time, though?  It's crazy!  I want nothing more than to get on Diapers.com and order a gigantic pack of size 1 Huggies.  I also am dying to go buy a big bottle of Dreft and wash the onesies that are packed neatly in the basement.  

Instead of bringing out the baby gear, though, Josh and I are working on Michael's bedroom.  On Saturday we decided to shop for a bed frame and dresser for Michael.  As you can tell from the pictures, we were a little bit on the lazy side and didn't get much accomplished.  Yesterday, though, I ordered bedding and window treatments for Michael's room.  I found the comforter, bed skirt, sheets, pillowcases, a  pillow sham, and 6 curtain panels on The Company Kids website for less than $180.00!  That's truly A-MAZ-ING!!!  (Thank you, Amy, for introducing me to the The Company Store!)  The comforter and pillow sham will be monogrammed with Michael's name.  We're planning on painting Michael's room a tan-ish color since the comforter and sheets have a lot of blue.  I just can't wait to get started on this project!!  

Josh is definitely nesting, as well.  Last night, just before he drifted off to sleep, he initiated the conversation of which room upstairs should be the baby's nursery.  We've agreed to paint the baby's room a very soft blue.  Not because we think we're having  a boy, but because we think blue can go either way.  There are a number of adorable bedding sets for little girls with blue flowers, just check out Gap or Pottery Barn Kids.  

Time to go find something to clean.  




1 comments:

Anonymous said...

How fun! I'm so excited that you found bedding at TCS - I love their sets for kids too :)

I think the light blue decision is awesome...it is a comforting, relaxing, and peaceful color no matter.


Amy