After having two days off in a row, I'm definitely ready for summer break! It's been a real treat to be home with Josh and Michael over the past two days, even if they are sick. The naps have been heavenly over the past two days. I will certainly be taking daily naps with Michael B this summer!
This afternoon I was planning on cleaning a good bit while Michael napped, but the thunderstorms woke him up about an hour into the nap. He was frightened, rightfully so, the storms were incredibly loud!! I decided to lay down with him, in an attempt to stretch out his nap. And, stretch it out, I did! I slept for about two hours and twenty minutes, and Michael ended up sleeping even longer than that. I tried to get up a time or two during those two hours, but Michael would wake each time I tried to move off the bed. Eventually, I just gave in and decided to enjoy the quiet time with my little guy.
We're all heading back to school, work, and daycare tomorrow. (Bummer!) At least the weekend is just around the corner!
In "baby news" everything is going really well, we are now halfway into the 22nd week! I was going to take a few belly shots today, but never got around to it, maybe tomorrow. The baby is moving constantly, and seems to enjoy story time at night with Michael. Last evening, while I was reading Michael, The Little Mermaid and the Aristocats, the baby was swirling all over the place. And, just like Michael (and most other babies), this little one loves meal time! There is always lots of movement while I'm eating or just after. Last week I told my kids at school about my pregnancy, some were in shock and others were like..."yeah. we knew." Middle schoolers are so funny sometimes!
Running is going fine, though I'm getting slower each week. Many people have asked how long I plan on keeping "that" up. In fact, my grandmother just asked me that question last night on the phone. I told her as long as I can, maybe (hopefully) until the day I deliver. : ) Surprisingly, she didn't react and just went along with what I had to say. I told her that one of my best running friends ran five miles the day she delivered her youngest child. Truth be told, though, I don't know how long I will continue to run. When I'm too miserable throughout the run, I guess? I'm really taking it week by week. At this point, my mindset is to get to 24 weeks, or six months. And, then I'll likely shoot for 28 weeks. Because my body is changing so rapidly, naturally my pace, distance, and frequency are changing as well. I know that running five miles four times during the work week is NOT going to happen, so I'm happy just running two or three at this point.
Part of my determination not to quit right now is directly related to having that blasted C-section with Michael. My doc is very strict about exercising after the section, and I was not able to run for eight weeks after delivering Michael. That is a REALLY long time, considering that most of my running girlfriends are running two weeks after their babies are born. At two weeks after the C-section, I was able to walk without pain and laugh and cough without pain, running was completely out of the question. So, knowing that there's a real strong chance that I'm going to have to deliver the baby via c-section again motivates me each morning to enjoy the short, laborious run. I also feel like running helps me keep my focus on a natural delivery. I feel strongest when I'm running and I just think to myself if I can keep up with running, then there's a good chance that I will have a strong enough body and mind to deliver the baby naturally.


2 comments:
I'm so glad to here everyone is better. Your guys really had it!! Poor things. At least it gave you a little R&R as well. :))
Take care, and enjoy those runs for as long as you can. Your body will tell you when it's time to stop!!
Love, Melissa
22 weeks already? WOW! Time is flying by!!! I'm proud of you for running and your dedication to what you want, which is having the baby naturally. I always say that we know our body better than anyone else does...keep doing what keeps you happy and healthy (mentally, phycially, and spiritually!) Love you! Amy
Post a Comment