I think that I forgot how incredibly tiring pregnancy can be! Yesterday I met a good friend for a run, and as soon as I walked in the door I fell asleep on the couch. Michael and Mary Jane then (awesomely) showed up and whisked Michael B away to the park for a bit, and they even snuck in an ice cream trip. Meanwhile, Josh and I worked on organizing our closet, I packed more clothes away and did some rearranging. After we finished up with the closet, Michael came home with his grandparents and we visited outside for a bit. And, then it was time for lunch and a good, long nap for both Michael and me.
Josh has been complaining that me being tired is making him tired. He must be experiencing pregnancy symptoms, as well. Though, his waist line isn't getting much thicker! Maybe it's the lack of cooking that his wife does? Or, the chasing after the near three year old that he does in the evenings? Josh was so wonderful yesterday that he made sure the house stayed completely quiet just so that I could finish my nap. I'm so grateful for him, and for the time that he is spending with Michael right now. Thank goodness tax season is behind us for awhile, it sure is great to have him home all the time.
Our weekend was great: lots of naps, lots of strawberries (Michael and I picked a bunch on Friday afternoon at a local farm), and lots of time outside!
The pictures are of my Mother's Day gift from Josh and Michael. Ever since we bought this house, I have wanted to hang ferns from our front porch. Josh installed the necessary hooks on Mother's Day, while I ....SLEPT! (No wonder he's tired, he does all the work around here right now.) Anyway. In the short two/three weeks that the ferns have been hanging from the front porch, I have managed to kill three of the five. I should have just bought artificial ferns from Michael's. Today, in a valiant attempt to keep them alive, I put them on chains so that I could water them more easily than climbing up a stool every evening. I don't think you're supposed to climb while pregnant, right?
Enjoy the photos of the live ferns! Maybe dead fern pictures to come soon?

4 comments:
the black and white house shots look good
Take as many naps as possible!!! You need to make sure your body and mind are totally charged when it's time to give birth!! :)
I always LOVED the way I was able to pass out during pregnancy!!
I am glad you are doing well. I think the ferns look GREAT!!! I'm sorry for the "Unfortunate" ones though!!!
I love the pics of the house...it is kind of surprising that with ALL OF THE RAIN we have gotten that the ferns would not be doing well...of course, I don't have much of a green thumb and tend to kill everything that can't go for weeks without water!
I love how you share about how helpful Josh is during this time :), but I want to remind you that you are doing a lot too missy just by being preggers!!! Give momma some credit as well :)
I love the ferns. They look very nice. I agree, that is a GREAT mother's day gift.
Keep getting sleep, apparantly your body (and the new baby) are trying to tell you something. SLEEP!!!!!
Post a Comment