Friday, May 02, 2008

Kicking off the Weekend Early!



It's time for the Big Bloom, and we are really enjoying ourselves!  Since the city basically shuts down, except for the Bloom activities, Josh and I do not have to work today.  (YAY! YAY!)  Last night we enjoyed our visit with both sets of parents in the backyard.  And, because I just couldn't bring myself to make dinner last night, we went out to eat with Michael and Mary Jane.  Josh and I even watched ALL of Lost last night.  


This morning has been very laid back, which has been heavenly!  We "slept in" until about seven/seven-thirty and have sat around the family room throwing out baby names.  Michael adds his two cents every now and then, though I can't remember any of his suggestions from this morning.  We finally started to move around a little bit, and so now the guys are out doing a few errands.  I was able to get in a little run while they were out.  Yesterday was the first day that I have run outside in three weeks or so, as all of my other runs have been on the treadmill.  I told Josh that I need to "practice" for the race tomorrow.  He corrected me and said that I would be participating in a fun run, not a race. : ) 

We are really looking forward to this weekend.  Today we will head into town for the kid's race, I can't wait for Michael to see the massive number of children running.  I know he'll be impressed and will want to participate.  Tomorrow is the 10K and the grand feature parade, and Sunday is IKEA day!  

3 comments:

Melis B said...

Those pictures are GREAT!! Your son is SO sweet!! Best of luck tomorrow at the "fun run" I hope you do great. We'll see you in the am, I am just a fan this year!

Have a great "bloom"!!

Hugs,
Melis

M the Mommy said...

If I were you I would turn to the Flynn boys for baby name suggestions. Aside from picking the correct sex and date the twins arrived, Michael Flynn was able to give us some great name suggestions. My personal favorite... Bob & Ballerina.

Anonymous said...

What sweet pictures of you and MB...pictures are just awesome for capturing the moments in life...your faces and the big smiles say it all!

Love,
Amy