Sunday, May 18, 2008

Decision '08:

Instead of discussing our political vote for the upcoming November election, Josh and I are facing a few other pressing issues.  (We already know who were voting for, so that's one decision off our backs for the time being...)

Next year I will be taking the year off from teaching to stay home with Michael and the new baby!  (YAY!!)  However, we're facing lots of difficult and complex decisions, which range from choosing the right health care plan to cloth diapering.  : )  I am so grateful that Josh is such a fantastically gifted numbers analyst because numbers make my head spin.  We've really been talking through some things this weekend because the open enrollment period with my employer starts very soon.  Yiiiikes! 

I'm so nervous about this decision, but I think it's the right one for us, at this time.  So, really I have less than a month of school left-something like 19 days!  How fun--but WOW!  Buh-Bye, Paycheck!  : ) Hello, Freedom! Hello, Clean House! Hello, Michael...I hope you'll enjoy the extra time with your Mommy!

Back to the research on cloth diapers....More on that topic later! 

5 comments:

Melis B said...

It is SO exciting~~you are just going to love all your free time and especially with MB and the new little one (I'm hoping for a girl)!

I can't wait to hear everything about cloth diapering. That's SO interesting!!

Have a great week~~Melis

Kelly A said...

How great that you are taking a year off!! You and the "kids" deserve that time together!! It is SO different being at home all day.....I'm sure you will enjoy every moment of it!!!

I love all of your Zoo pictures! You got some great ones!!

I'm glad you had a nice weekend and I hope you enjoy the rest of your week :)

Anonymous said...

Katie,
I am the aunt with experience in diapering. My children had to use cloth diapers. It was not the greatest experience since they, on occasion, had very bad diaper rashes. These were so hard to get rid of and I would have to boil the diapers. But they do have cloth diaper rentals & deliveries these days. I am not sure how cost wise they are. Just my opinion ----not the way to go ---time wise- health wise --cleanliness..
Barbara

Anonymous said...

Hey Kate! Congrats on the countdown to the end of school...this has got to be very exciting for you and I think it is great that you'll get to spend so much time with the little K-H's next year...I so look forward to all of your posts when you are home! As for the cloth diapers - those could make for some really interesting stories if you decide to go that route! Love ya!

Amy

The Sweet Family said...

Lucky girl! It is nice that you are able to stay home with MB and the new baby. As for cloth diapers, remember, cut out snacks or something, cloth is yuk! (However, I understand the environment, etc....). OK, maybe convenience isn't everything.

Have a great day!