Michael and I have been on our own this weekend. Obviously, Josh is working harder than ever, so we've been left to our own devices. Really, we didn't do much of anything. Aside from a delicious and relaxing dinner with Michael and Mary Jane (Granddad and Mango) last evening, and a visit to the big library, we haven't done much.
Today we baked lemon, raspberry cupcakes with a lemon glaze icing. The recipe was from the Bon Appetite magazine. I should have known better than to BAKE a recipe from Bon Appetite with a two year old! Box recipes are hard enough to bake with a two year old, and all they call for are eggs and oil! I ended up throwing away all of the cupcakes, after Michael and I had a taste. (Bummer!!) The bonding with Michael was much more important than the cupcakes, anyway.
It's been kind of a longish weekend, especially since we stayed at home ALL day today! The one on one time with Michael was wonderful, temper tantrums and fighting sleep included. He fills my days with so much joy, and his laughter is so contagious.
To Winter
5 years ago

1 comments:
Hey Kate! I love the picture of Michael and Duncan...that is too funny...just like two buds hanging out together. I'm happy you had a nice and relaxing weekend with your boys...the weather was incredible on Saturday! Love you, amy
Post a Comment