to do the photo albums this evening!
Between the amazing Super Bowl, Michael sneaking into our bed in the middle of the night, Michael hogging the bed, running this am, and Josh being sick: I'm whooped!! In fact, I should be in bed like the rest of my house right now. I do believe it's time for another snow day! (I kid, I kid...)
This evening, during our family dinner, I realized how much we need to work with Michael on interrupting conversations. It's actually, very annoying. And, I suppose that I need to research this topic to figure how to handle the situation best. This evening the best I could come up with was something like this, "Michael, Mommy is telling a story right now. If you would like more milk, you can ask when Mommy is finished her story. Until then, I would like for you to sit and think about how you could ask for a glass of milk more politely." It didn't really work, he continued to talk, interrupt, and so on. I guess it's one of those things that just takes time....He is certainly the center of our world, and he knows this, very well.
Any suggestions on the interruptions, comment away! Using the phone these days is like virtually impossible. I want to hide in the bathroom (and lock the door) when I receive a call. Or, I just don't even bother to answer. By the end of the day, sometimes it's just too much to try to talk on the phone and "teach" my son about manners. I'm a little on the lazy side, I know...

1 comments:
I learned this one from a friend: if he wants to talk to you and you are talking with someone else, have him put his hand on your arm or shoulder. He has to wait patiently (and quietly) for you to finish. It works with Daniel!
About the phone - could you put Michael in his playroom for a few minutes and give yourself a "timeout"?
Good luck! Get some rest!
~Diane
Post a Comment