Friday, February 01, 2008

Storm Day


An interview with Michael about our "storm day":  (That's what Michael calls a snow day...)


Mom:  So, Michael.  Please tell me what you plan on doing today, your storm day.  
Michael:  I want storm day!

Mom:  What would you like to make for dinner this evening?
Michael:A rainbow.

Mom:  What games would you like to play with me today?
Michael:  We're not going to Peg's?

Mom:  What books would you like to read on our storm day?
Michael:  I done.  Hands me his yogurt.

Mom:  What did we do yesterday?  Did you have a date night with Mommy?
Michael:  Yeah.  Um.  On Wednesday.  I wanna do Peggy's on Wednesday.  I spilled it mom.  I spilled it for you.  I need to wipe my belly.

  Promptly, leaves the interview to wipe his belly. 
 
Yeah.  So he's gonna start kindergarten a year late... : ) 

We've got a storm day/ "ice day"!  Wahoo!!  Except Michael started the day at 5:30.  He's got his Mamma's get up and go attitude in the morning.  I love it, but it's a little annoying when you want to sleep in, particularly when it's so dreary outside.  

Stay tuned.  I am going to work on the blog a little this afternoon while he naps. I have a little cold, so I've lost my blogging spirit this week.  

3 comments:

Melis B said...

I love that you get right up and blog. The interview is so cute. I tried to keep the girls in bed with me this morning too. It's always nice to sleep in a little when it's yucky outside. :)

Hope you feel better!!
Hugs,
Melis

Anonymous said...

Hey Kate! I love the interview; reading that just makes me want to scoop MB up and hug him...so cute! I can't wait...thanks for the fun and adorable story! Hope you feel better & enjoy the three day weekend...luv ya!

The Sweet Family said...

How sweet. You are so lucky to have "storm days" that allow you to stay home with him. I hope you two have lots of fun!

Try to rest a little and enjoy MB!