Friday, January 04, 2008

When you wish upon a star...

This morning, during my 10 degree run, I noticed a shooting star.  And, then another.  And, another.  And, another...I said to my running friend, there must be a meteor shower today!! And sure enough, there was!!  I'm hoping that my wish for this special person comes true.  I got about fifteen wishes, and each time I asked for the same wish.  It was worth putting all of my wishes into the same basket, I think.  And, well, praying for this person every night will certainly help, as well.  


A little over a year, I remember seeing two shooting stars on a morning run, and for one of my wishes I wished that we would be able to sell our house and move to our new town.  And, I have never felt so guilty for wishing for myself.  It was an awful feeling, I remember thinking...I take it back! I take it back!  Let me wish for someone who needs this wish MUCH more than me.  Let me wish for something much more important than a stupid house!  I must have been given a second chance because soon after wasting the wish on myself, I saw another shooting star.  I've been wishing for other people ever since that morning run.  

The run this morning was insanely cold, but there is nothing like seeing fifteen (plus?) shooting stars.  It was worth every bitterly cold step.  Trust me.  

1 comments:

The Sweet Family said...

AWWWW - tear!

I loved this post! You did not waste your wish. You deserve to be happy first. Then, its on to others. Thats why you are who you are.

You are truly a special person that GOD has put here for a reason!