Thursday, January 24, 2008

Fun in the Parking Lot.


Our son can make anything fun!  Honestly.  

The locked keys in the trunk saga continued today because we were not able to find the spare key last evening, I just have the valet key on my ring for Josh's car.  Because Josh's non-billable time is quite precious these days, I offered to meet him at the dealership to switch cars.  I was going to sit with Michael while the key was cut, so that Josh could quickly get back to the office.  We decided upon a time and Michael I happened to get there twenty minutes early.  So, I called Josh and told him to HUSTLE because I was waiting in a parking lot with a two year old.

As a special treat, I took Michael out of his car seat and put him in the front passenger seat.  This was a HUGE deal for the little guy!!! HUGE, Huge, huge.  He played and played and played.  We danced to the children's CD, we danced to the Christmas CD's, we pulled things out of the glove box, and we also ate a few mini cadbury eggs.  (YUUUMMMY!)  After playing for about twenty minutes, Josh pulled into the lot.  He ran into the service station to prove that the car was in his name and to show the mechanics his ID. 

Michael and I waited.  We continued to dance, play with the CD's, and sing.  (We did the Hokie Pokie in the front seat.  He's in training to be a Hokie, just so you know...) Josh came out, about twenty minutes later.  With a NEW KEY in his hand.  He opened the trunk and pulled out his key chain.  I was in disbelief.  I wanted to say, "What in HECK have Michael and I been doing in this blessed car for forty minutes????" I didn't.  Instead I thought to myself: "Wow.  That had the potential of being a miserable forty minutes, but it wasn't!"  Michael and I had fun, and I enjoyed spending the time with him...in a parking lot.  (Very weird, right?)  

Michael isn't feeling well, he's got a little cold.  That's par for the course, though.  This week continues to be entertaining... What will tomorrow bring?

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this post...it is so true...each moment is what we make it...sure things happen to frustrate us, but each minute is a blessing ~ you get out what you put in! It is so wondrful to just be happy with what is! Love you Kate :)