Today was a school - inservice - day; these days are always a treat. The inservice today focused primarily on differentiation and writing. The presenter, a professor from Kent State, spoke in great detail about life lessons or life instruction. He provided us with a packet of information prior to the inservice. He provided a number of fabulous writing samples, as well as writing prompts for our students. As I listened intently to him speak this morning, I decided that I'd give one a shot. You should think about doing this yourself, and then post it on your blog. : ) That would be fun, right?
So, here goes:
- What is your favorite word? Peace.
- What is your least favorite word? Retard.
- What is your favorite sound? Michael's laughter, his little feet padding down the hallway in the morning, the ocean, bird's chirping in the morning.
- What is your least favorite sound? Whipping wind in the middle of the night. YIIIKES!!
- What is your idea of perfect happiness? A day on the beach with my family.
- What is your greatest fear? That Michael's life will end before mine.
- What trait or behavior of yours do you dislike the most? Obsessive Worrying. About EVERYTHING, it's awful sometimes-which, is why I run!
- What trait or behavior do you dislike the most in others? Cruelty. Arrogance. Dishonesty.
- On what occasion do you lie? When the truth might get me in trouble with Josh...: ) A pair of shoes here, a pair of shoes there....
- What do you consider your greatest achievement? My love and commitment to Josh. And, Michael...raising a child.
- What is your most cherished possession? My camera! And, my IBook.
- Where would you most like to live? I'm very happy where I am, but if I had to move? Williamsburg or EI.
- What do you value the most in your friends? Thoughtfulness, sincerity.
- Who are your real life heroes? My Grandmothers, both are pretty amazing. My parents and my in-laws. Josh. Foster parents and adoptive parents.
- Who are your fictional heroes? Robin Hood. Dorothy from the Wizard of Oz.
- What is it that you most dislike? Parents who don't parent. Parents who abuse their children. Parents who allow their children to spend most of their lives in foster care.
- What is your greatest regret? That I did not nurse Michael for a year. I only nursed him for about three months. For some reason this really troubles me? I also regret that I got induced, which I encouraged, it wasn't per the doc's recommendation.
Give this a shot. It's fun. I'll provide another writing prompt later in the week, so even you don't have a blog you can still think about these questions on your way home from work. ; )
Don't forget: tomorrow you need to get your tail out of bed and VOTE. There are lots of people who lost their lives so that we could have this right. (How's that for a guilt trip???)
And, one more thing. Michael is still sick. Fever and all. : (

0 comments:
Post a Comment