What a wonderful afternoon we had!
As soon as we got home, we walked to the library to return our old books, but the library was closed.
So, we walked across the street to the park and played on the swings, the slides, the "horse ride", and so on.
Around five, the library re-opened for the evening. (That's odd, I know...) It was a wonderful trip because I actually took .5 seconds to check out a book for MYSELF, which comes highly recommended by Meleah. The book is called Here if you Need me, and I can't wait to sink my teeth into this one. Truly. As soon as I finish writing, I'm going to hop into bed with my new book. Can't wait.
After our jaunt to the library, we continued our walk to my Grandmother's house. Uncle B.C. is in town for cousin, Casey's, volleyball tournament. She's like a SUPERSTAR ball player. Really. She is a powerhouse, so strong and fit. I'd be so afraid to throw a softball with her...I'd probably totally have to VOLUNTARILY miss catching a softball from her because she can throw that powerfully.
(If you know me well, you'd know that I for some silly reason would actually and purposely, "miss" really fast throws from girls I was throwing with in softball. Namely, a girl named June. I truly don't know the logic behind that AT ALL. There is no logic behind choosing not to catch a ball and choosing NOT to let yourself get hit with the ball. Huh? You say? Basically, this girl would beam me and I LET her when we were throwing partners!! This is why I run...I can't catch and throw to save my life.)
But, I digress. Visiting with Uncle B.C? What a treat!! He loves Michael so much and is so sweet to him. I especially appreciated that BC was ready to take over with Michael this evening, since J. was working kinda late. He took him into the bathroom to help him wash his hands, and he offered to play ball with him outside. Things like that mean a lot to me. Michael was a little shy at first, but eventually began to loosen up once the roast beef was brought out to Grandma's table. B.C. asked Michael about our trip to VT and Michael told him that W&M won (that's funny b/c ...they were not even close to winning!) and that he saw airplanes flying round and round (which, he did!!).
We love our Uncle B.C. and wish that we could see him more often. Maybe beach trip '08, B.C. and co?
To Winter
5 years ago

1 comments:
Hi Katie
I'm reading or should I say (trying to read that book now). Very good so far, but haven't gotten too far along in it. I'll probably still be reading this time next year with my 3 kids.
Shelly
Post a Comment