Sunday, October 21, 2007

Run Duncan, RUN!


This morning, while I was taking a shower, I tried to contain our two year old as much as I possibly could. I locked the gate at the top of steps, I turned on the Wiggles, and also made sure he was comfy and cozy on our bed. I really tried to keep him as safe as possible, without putting him on a leash. (That would be Michael that I'm talking about, not the dog).

At one point during the shower I hear "BANG. BANG. BANG!!!" Naturally, I think Josh is so going to kill me...what happened to my son????...ACCK!! It turns out that Michael retrieved the Destine from the top of the changing table. Michael then walked into the bathroom and said, "Won't hurt ANYmore, Mommy. See, Mommy?" At this point, he's rubbing diaper cream all over his body, especially his belly. Breathing a sigh of relief, I let him continue with the cream. Once he finished dousing himself in Destine, he proceeded to go after Duncan, the mini Schnauzer. (Awesome, Michael. Awesome.) Duncan was covered from his ears clear down to his tail in the cream as well. (Again. Can we all say, "awesome?")

After going to the park, Michael and I came home to a crate full of vomit. (Again. Awesome.) Duncan must have licked the diaper cream off, or at least tried? Or, it could have been from the diaper wipes that he voluntarily ate during his forays with Michael B. Who knows? He doesn't seem sick, for those who are worried about the yappiest dog EVER.

And, let me share one more story while I have your attention...Michael B actually RAN a lap around the block this evening!! Boy, was I proud!! He took breaks throughout of course, but he did it! He ran a half of a mile. We pretended he was winning a race, so he ran most of the way with his arms above his head in a victory position. We laughed and laughed. At one point, he was so tired that he took a break on the side walk by LAYING DOWN. But, he hopped up. And, finished his run with great pride. : )

As crazy as our lives are with this sugar plum, I am so grateful for this wonderful life that we are able to share together. God is good.

2 comments:

Melis B said...

I LOVE your stories. :) They make me happy. It makes me realize we are normal and raising normal kids too. :)

Thanks for blogging...I love it!!

Let's plan for some football on Friday. Can you guys make it (if it doesn't rain?)

~mb

Anonymous said...

keep him running

m