Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Lots to share this evening...





Our relatives, cousins Kay and Earl, are visiting my grandparents this week. My grandmother invited us to have dinner with them this evening. What a delicious dinner it was, Michael really fills his belly at my Grandmother's table. And, she eats it up, of course. It's like he's a bottomless pit when we're sharing a meal at her house. The funny thing is, she continues to pull food out the frig just as fast as Michael is eating the food. My stomach hurts just watching him pack away the corn, ham, mashed potatoes, beans, broccoli, bread, cantaloupe, watermelon, black eyed peas, roast beef...etc, etc, etc! His stomach was distended this evening from all of the food. Seriously. It looked like it just might pop!
Every time we go to my Grandmother's house, I am impressed more and more by her gorgeous yard. A farm backs up to her yard and there is a clear view of the mountains. And then, there's the light! The light in her backyard just takes your breath away sometimes.

It was such a treat for Michael to spend some time with my family this evening. He really enjoyed playing baseball/golf with James and my Dad. It must have been especially special for my father, because this is the same yard that he played baseball in as a child. And here he is, teaching his grandson how to swing a bat...More to come on the paint tomorrow. I will say this, however: I LOVE IT! The color fits right into the room. I told Josh this evening that it looks different, but it isn't a jarring, ohmygosh! what have we done? difference. Pictures will come soon..

And, also don't forget to check out the running blog: RunHappy . (You can click on RunHappy and it'll come up!) The marathon is just around the corner! My old neighbor/ dear friend just got into the same marathon, so I'm even more excited about the race!!

3 comments:

BigCat said...

This was a great one... I almost felt I was there. It is pretty neat to be able to see things that happened only hours ago and to read about what you were thinking. I know you Dad loves playing with MB in that back yard. It has been a proving ground for a lot of kids over the past 40 years. Keep writing it is good stuff.

Melis B said...

Go Federer...I know you are watching tonight (Wed)!!!

~Melis

Melis B said...

One more thing...go check out the art on www.secret-agent-josephine.com/blog

We HAVE to learn how to do this...we could make a killing. The letter, the banners think of the possibilities. :)

Think it over....we might have to do more research.

~melis