Michael had his first day of school today! And, I'm happy to report that he loved it!
You're probably thinking, "Wha?? Huh?? Doesn't he go to a sitter??" And, you're right. However, she does have "school" for the tots. School usually begins when most of the teacher mom's have their first "real" day of school, as in teaching children...not inservicing and meeting. So, today was the big day.
Michael was allowed to pick out his own folder. He chose Shrek. And, he totally acted like he knows about Shrek, which is hilarious because he hasn't watched even a minute of a Shrek movie! He was quite excited about Shrek, nonetheless.
Just like last year's first day, the little guy learned the letter Aa today, as well as the number 1, and what the circle looks like. He also sang the ABC song, recited the pledge of allegiance, counted to twenty, and painted with finger paints. So, it's no wonder he looks like he's been through the ringer! Click on the photos, the stains on his shirt and the look of exhaustion are easier to note when the photos are enlarged.
This morning, just like last week, Michael got lotion in his hair. I told Peggy about his greasy hair and the lotion episode when I got to her house this am; and, I couldn't refrain from noting the greasy hair when I saw my friend at the park this afternoon.
So, this evening, after we let Duncan out of his crate, Michael said, "Hair. Greasy!" Instantly, I felt badly for talking about his greasy hair. I agreed with Michael, however. He then said, "Some?-Some?--times? Mom?" I had to give him a kiss and giggle for a second...And, then I said, "Yes, Michael. Sometimes your hair IS greasy. I love you, little guy"
To Winter
5 years ago

1 comments:
That is the cutest story ever!!! Note to self...they hear everything and they will repeat it.
Thanks for sharing, Katie. And thanks for the shout out in your blog. I know we will see you again...someday!
Love - M
Post a Comment