Hello loyal Katie blog groupies....this is Josh and since I'm on vacation I have a couple minutes to "type puters" as MB says. Our trip has been fun and relaxing so far. It has been lots of fun watching Michael on the beach. Since the second we got here he has been on a mission to dig up crabs thanks to his Nanna. Today he actually handed me a sand crab to my surprise....I was thinking that he and Kate were just "pretend" digging for crabs all this time. Apparently this is something we do for real. And his teacher on said endeavors is the girl who had to go to the ER as a child to remove a crab from her nose after trying to kiss one? He's not scared to play in the surf but he is very much scared to go out in the water with us. Once we get out beyond the first wave break he says "I go that way!" and points back to the shore. He's learned some good life lessons here also like how you can't eat shrimp shells and how sand doesn't taste so good either when you copy Jeff Wiggle and do a face plant into the sand. He misses his grandparents...said so during his bath yesterday without me asking. His favorite thing to do right now is to say grace. Anytime we tell him that it is almost time to eat, Michael starts talking about saying grace. We literally say grace before breakfast, lunch and dinner, sometimes twice at lunch and/or dinner. 4 or 5 graces are just another run of the mill day in the life for MB apparently. Tonight we even gave a blessing in the ice cream parlor at his request. I kid you not....actually Katie did the honors on that one. Other people in there probably thought we were some kind of ultra religious holy rollers or something. But how blessed we are! I wish we got to spend this much time together every week.
To Winter
5 years ago

2 comments:
Great blog entry, Josh! We miss you guys too and I love the grace part...such a boy we have!! mj
YAY...that's so fun that Josh blogged. I will have to ask Cary about that one day....yeah right. :)
Glad you had a super time at the beach. Isnt' the beach the BEST!?!?! We love it too.
Thanks for all your notes on my blog too. :)
~Melis
Post a Comment