Today was a real breath of fresh air. I'm very happy.
First, as I mentioned in an early morning post, Michael was happy to go to Ms. Peg's. He danced the whole way there, but did take a quick thumb-sucking break halfway through a Wiggles song.
When we got to Peggy's, I received so many complements on my hair from her?!?! What a fabulous way to start off the day! She continued to talk about my hair this afternoon! I *love* that woman. : ) She said that Michael told her that he wants to use the potty. He makes her laugh about something everyday. I love that he makes people laugh.
School was terrific. The faculty meeting was very positive and succinct, as it should have been. My office mate is a real sweetie. Our office is surrounded by other sixth grade teachers, which is so fun. I didn't realize how isolated things are in the gym. 
To top off the day, Michael and I returned the library books and checked out some new ones. He entered the library and said, "old books drop off, PUPPETS????, NEW BOOKS!, MOMMY, PUPPETS???, ssshhh. BE QUIET!!!" The librarians laughed as we headed to the elevator. He loves elevators these days, except he calls them alligators. It's all the same, right?
Michael's new favorite book is called PAPA, Please Get the Moon for Me. The illustrations are beautiful, and it has some awesome pop up features. Even though it's a library book, Michael is going to take it to Ms. Peg's for story time tomorrow. I'm afraid, though, that he'll yell at the other children about "breaking it!". He was very concerned this evening that Josh and I were going to break it. He's a keeper!
Also, I bought three new paint samples today: Mexican Sand, Sprout, and Beach House. We'll see if they suit...
To Winter
5 years ago

1 comments:
Your little boy is SO sweet. That is so cute that he is worried about the library books. :) He is a total keeper. (and so sensitive)
I can't wait to hear about the paint....keep us updated.
~Melis
Post a Comment