Michael's "Birthday".
Michael's 1st Birthday.
Michael's 2nd Birthday.
Today was the day. Michael turned two. I began the celebration for Michael this morning with a happy birthday serenade, I was accompanied by Granddad and Mango. (They were on a walk through the neighborhood.) He also got videotaped as we sang to him. As much as Michael loves us, I don't think he truly appreciated the singing and the recording. I guess I can understand his feelings. That was a wee- bit much.
He had a great birthday party at his daycare. The sitter got him a bat and a ball. We worked on his stance this evening. Like I tell my students, there is no "TWIRLING" in softball (meaning, don't step with your back foot!)
We had a great family party this evening. As Mary Jane says, the whole tribe was with him this evening, minus Uncle Dan, Uncle Daniel, and Aunt Patty. Michael was allowed to stay up really late this evening...nine o'clock! (He'll be a bear tomorrow, for sure!)
The past two birthday's have made me feel joyous and a bit melancholy all on the same day. I can't help but feel proud that he is flourishing and growing, but it's just unbelievable that he is two already! His birth day was the best day of my life, and so any time I look back on that day I can't help but want to relive it a time or two. I never knew that one day could change my life so drastically on so many different levels.
I'm so grateful that our little boy feels so loved. It was very clear this evening that he knows that is wanted, cherished, and adored.
To Winter
5 years ago

1 comments:
What a wonderful day! I can't even imagine Harvey turning two and how choked up I will get. We are hoping to see the video of the serenade....
Post a Comment