Boy, are we ready for our spring break! I'm reaching the point where I do not feel like doing one stinking thing in our house. No cooking, no laundry, no cleaning, NOTHING. Michael and I ate our dinner at four this afternoon at the Quizno's in our mall. It was delicious. He enjoyed every bite of his chicken noodle soup and his ham and cheese sandwich. The best part of the meal was throwing away every bit of trash and knowing that I wouldn't have any dishes to do this evening! (L-A-Z-Y!!!)
Our spring break starts tomorrow, following the dismissal of those rascally middle school students. We don't have any big plans for our vacation, other than spending lots and lots of time with our families. Michael's cousin, Harvey, is coming tomorrow! Friday marks the arrival of Jack, Peter, Danny, and Michael! We've been practicing names with Michael over dinner for the past few weeks. It's going to be so much fun. I can't wait to pick the brains of Laura and Karen about these temper tantrums and the *hitting* that goes along with the tantrums. My youngest brother will also be celebrating his twentieth birthday on Sunday/Monday. I'm looking forward to spending time with my side of our family, as well.
Time outs have been implemented within the past month or so, but sometimes it's very difficult to do the time out "then and there". For instance, this evening, Michael began his fit right as we were leaving Michael and MaryJane's. He was already going to the car seat, so how could that be used as a time out? I guess I'm going to need to pull out the middle school teacher voice on the little guy? Ah, last year it was --what in the heck do I feed the kid? And now it's --how should I manage this screaming, hitting, banshee? What will next year bring???

1 comments:
we think the culvert picture is a prize winner....
we love you
m and mj
Post a Comment