Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Not a Yes Man...


Michael is known as the little boy who says, "NO!!", ( and swats, sometimes...)at daycare. I've noticed this when picking him up lately, but I just chalked up the no's to Michael wanting my attention and affection. (I like to talk to the other children and give them hugs, this irritates him.)

I also think that the "no's" started when the girls tried to hug him a few months ago. He *only* likes it when his mother hugs him. Ha, I wish...

The children at daycare, mainly the girls, tell the sitter every time Michael tells them no. One girl says, "Michael NO me!!" He even got a time out for it the other day (I think he may have hit someone while saying no... OOPSIE.). When he was told that he earned himself a time out, he told the sitter no.

Guess we've got some work to do on this....Thankfully, he's not biting and saying no. Right? Things could always be worse. (I'll remind myself of that when he's thirteen and tells his gym teacher, "NO, I will not be running the mile today.")

0 comments: