Thursday, March 15, 2007

Little Bit Sad...

We went out to dinner this evening with my Grandparents. It was tough, Michael was very restless (typical of an almost two year old...). The dinner conversation was very...disjointed. We couldn't really talk because I was tirelessly trying to get Michael to sit, eat, not scream, draw...but not on the menu; it was a typical dinner.

I felt sad, though, when it turned seven and I told my Grandmother that we just, simply, had to leave. I couldn't stand trying to get Michael to sit in the highchair anymore, nor did I want to chase him around the restaurant while Josh visited with my Grandparents and James. Sometimes, parenthood- particularly this stage, makes me feel disconnected and disjointed from people whom I love very much. Especially my Grandparents. I used to religiously call my Grandmother Rose during the week or on the weekends, but these days we just seem to miss one another. And, it's usually my Grandmother who calls me, which makes me feel a little guilty. We're going to spend the night with Grandma Rose next weekend, so that'll make me feel better. Now, I need to fiure out how to spend some quality time with my Grandma and Pap-Pap...maybe I'll go spend the night with them, too!

This is a beautiful and incredibly fun stage, but it's tough some days...

0 comments: