Michael's shoes are tight on his chubby, wide, baby feet. Today I took him shoe shopping to a great store that really knows about children's feet. There were probably six pairs of stride rite sneakers that had various kid friendly figures on them...a firetruck, a dump truck, a basketball hoop, some had lights, etc, etc...
However, I didn't even have time to ask the rascal which pair he wanted because he immediately picked up the "new" version of his current pair of shoes. I couldn't believe my eyes. He wouldn't even look at the ones with trucks, and he LOVES trucks right now! We talk about trucks and the moon everyday, to and from the sitter's house. Much to my disapproval, he went with the EXACT same pair of shoes for the spring. (The reason that I didn't get the new version is that they didn't come with velcro.)
ory is so incredibly funny because Josh has been buying THE SAME pair of shoes for YEARS! It's hysterical. We probably have four or five pairs of these New Balance shoes laying around our house. He likes to buy them in bulk. I'm not kidding. Like father, like son; I guess. Josh was very proud and tickled when I told him about shoe shopping with Michael. We were in and out of the store in about fifteen minutes, which gave us time to have a lovely lunch with my mom at a cafe that was built in the late 1700's!

1 comments:
Obviously Josh and Joe have some genetic material in common when it comes to this buying-in-bulk-the-same-pair-of-sneakers-for-years routine. I was laughing so hard when I read this. What is so amazing is that just 4 days ago Joe went out on a limb and bought a different color of his New Balance sneakers. He now refers to them as his "dress" sneakers. Michael is so adorable in the snow. Sorry I don't have any tips about the gloves - Harvey won't wear them either. Love, Laura
Post a Comment