Sunday, March 25, 2007

The Fourth Quarter



Three more "tax season weekends" left, excluding this Sunday. At this point, Josh is not seeing this time period as the fourth quarter because he is up to his eyeballs in work. However, Michael and I can almost hear the sound of the buzzer.

The year I was pregnant with Michael, I won the basketball pool at my school. Today, I am pretty much dead last in all of my pools. After my victory, I became "arrogant", so to speak, and began to talk a little trash. Big mistake. That victory was a once in a lifetime opportunity. If Oregon wins today, and continues to win, I might have a chance with Josh's pool. Something tells me that this is not in the cards, however.

Michael and I briefly got out of Josh's hair this weekend, by taking a quick trip to see my Grandmother Rose and my Aunt Doris. We had a wonderful visit, and plan to go back over our spring break. Michael was a such a sweetheart during our stay. My Grandmother has this gigantic box of toys, filled with matchbox cars, plastic trucks, and giant leggos. Michael played for hours with his Nana and with this "new" box of toys. He stayed up very late, he finally went to bed around nine o'clock last evening. I figure he'll fall apart around six or six-thirty tomorrow night. That's usually the way he works after a really fun weekend. During our visit, he experienced a "first". He had a milkshake from a sweet, little ice cream stand. He enjoyed every single sip of that milkshake, believe me.

The weather is beautiful here. Spring is definitely in the air and so is the end of tax season...

0 comments: