Monday, March 12, 2007

Embrace the Change...Embrace it...



Ah. The time change is a killer. Michael is sleeping well when he goes down for a nap or "nightie-night"...but the lack of sleep is taking it's toll on his attitude. Even though he's sleeping just fine, losing an hour of sleep and then losing a good nap this weekend, has made Michael...petulant and quarrelsome. A great combo, if I do say so myself.

If today is indicative of what's he's going to be like this summer, I'm going to have a killer tan and his hair is going to be bleach blond. The kid can't get enough of playing outside...Thanks, Congress, again, for the time change. We got home very late for us this afternoon; I had a long, long, long meeting and had to stop by the grocery store for one stinking thing. When we got to the homestead it was really time for dinner. However, thanks to the time change (and getting home late) I couldn't get him to eat dinner because all he wanted to do was play outside...In an effort to make dinner and keep him SAFE I moved the table on the porch to block the door. He was allowed then to freely move inside and outside, and I was able to cook dinner.

After today, I'm also rethinking my stance on the fence...

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am looking across the street at an intermediate basketball hoop. A few months ago it was tiny. Chad and I have lived at "Fleetwood Farms" for twenty years now. The basketball hoops seem to be animated as we watch children grow up and go away. I feel like we're in "The Time Machine", one of Chad's favorite movies, in which the time traveler watches fashions change in the shop across the street as he travels through time. It makes me a bit sad seeing those kids grow up so fast.

Love,
Sara