Oh boy. Michael has not been getting enough sleep lately, and it shows. Man...oh man...he wore me out this evening, and please let me note that he's in bed right now. Yes, I know it's 6:30. Yes, he did eat his dinner. And yes, he had his bath, brushed his teeth, and even played outside this afternoon.
He didn't sleep well last night and was up around 2:30 until 3:30. It was a good long hour that we spent together in the middle of the night. We cuddled a lot, rocked a bit, and tried to lay down together (which, thankfully, never works for us...). When Josh got Michael up at 6:40 this morning, he must not have been done sleeping because he was a complete grouch from that moment on. I'm wondering if there is a new tooth in his mouth that I can blame this FOUL mood on. I suppose that if I look hard enough, I could probably find one.
Josh and I just talked for a moment on the phone and decided that the best course of action for the time being is an even earlier bedtime for our little one. It must be all of this brain development that is exhausting him these days. That, and the horribly early wake up time during the week. Some days I feel like a crappy mom, and tonight was one of them. Tomorrow will definitely be better, though. Everything is better when you have a good night's sleep.
To Winter
5 years ago

2 comments:
Two words: Growing Pains. I have been told that it just plain HURTS to grow. Is it the cells stretching? Is is the teeth poking through? Of course we don't know because of the communication gap here....
it's funny you said this...our sitter just mentioned something about growin pains today, too! poor little guys...
Post a Comment