Saturday, November 18, 2006

Happy and Grateful





We've made it through some mighty big changes in the past few months, one of them being the move! Now that we've got our computer back in order and we are getting some window treatments today, things feel like they are finally starting to settle down. Especially now that the marathon is over...

These pictures are from our mini vacation, which was last weekend. We really had a wonderful time visiting with my brother and his fiancee. The weather was gorgeous on Saturday, warm and sunny. We actually put Michael in shorts! The following day, marathon day, the weather turned...

The marathon was absolutely AWESOME and completely humbling!! I had a fantastic race and smiled pretty much every step of the way. Miles thirteen to twenty were accompanied by down pour of rain and gusts of wind. Delightful. But, thankfully, it was a warm rain. The IPod proved to be a great running partner, except for when it got stuck on "In My Room" by the Beach Boys on the final half mile. I can't think of a less motivating, pump you up kinda song. There were a number of moments when I began to tear up thinking about how much this marathon meant to me and far I have come since the last one. Michael and Josh were not able to make it to the finish line, as the weather was terrible and logistically it would have been too difficult on Michael. My time was great, 3:51.17. Still a good ways off of qualifying for Boston, but a tremendous improvement from the last marathon I ran a few years ago.

1 comments:

Harvey Sebastian said...

You go girl! Come run in the Philly Marathon and we'll have a MAJOR party to celebrate. Love you tons,
Laura, Joe and HS