Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Chi-wa-waa!!


Boy, are we having a crazy month! A lot has happened in the past week...

The most challenging obstacle this week has been Michael. Shoo. He had a little fever Friday night into Saturday afternoon. I debated about taking him to his ped because he really seemed like he just had a little virus. But, I decided to go ahead with the visit just to be on the safe side. For some reason I have ear infection paranoia. The visit went well, and he really just had a little virus.

But, that's right...BUT, it seems that he has a new tooth coming in. And, this in turn, has made him a GROUCH. A non-sleeping, crying all the time, GROUCHY babe. Now, one would think...he probably should not be going to daycare if he's so miserable. The poor sitter, right?! But he's happy there! Arggh. Not that I'm not happy that he's happy, but we need some SLEEP around here!! : ) Last night really felt like an all-nighter, so all my friends who have newborns out there...I feel your pain. Josh was able to finally get him calmed down at 3:30 am by taking him downstairs and letting him watch the Wiggles. Whatever works, but just for last night...

To make things even more challenging, I ran at five this morning..nuts, right? But I figured, this way I'll be on time to school and won't oversleep. Everything was going perfectly to plan, but when I woke Michael up he was madder than a hornet. The crying started at promptly 6:40 am and stopped when I dropped him off at his sitter's. Actually, there was maybe a ten minute window where he didn't cry this morning...

To quote Mombo-- CHI- WA- WAA!! You can be assured that I will stay on top of this pain and discomfort before bedtime tonight! There's lots more to say, about this month and the changes that October will bring to our family, but I've written enough for today...It's time to take Michael B outside and do some playing. He needs to be worn out before bed... : )

(In my defense, I do realize that CHI- WA- WAA is mispelled... and that the correct spelling is "chihuahua"...ahhemmm, Granddad Michael...) : )

0 comments: