
So. Today was 12 month check-up day for little Michael B. It went well, I guess. Visits to the pediatrician are always traumatic for me. I leave feeling unnerved, usually because Michael has had shots or had his ears checked. He can't stand either procedure. I suppose I am getting a little bit better with dealing with the stress each time I go. Nonetheless, Michael is very healthy. He is now weighing in at 20 lbs and 8 oz. His height is 28 inches. Head circumference, I don't know about... I didn't ask the nurse. Michael was very patient and pleasant until his ped tried to listen to his heart, lungs, and check his ears. At this point, he lost all (and I DO mean ALL) composure.
Our ped is so wonderful though, it doesn't phase him one bit. In fact he usually ends up comforting me, explaining that this is totally normal behavior for a 13 month old child. After the ped left, Michael re-gained composure only to have his nurse come into the room with THREE syringes. Poor baby. He did, in fact, have three shots today. Measles, Mumps, Rubella (all in one dose), Pneumonia, and Chicken Pox. Michael is currently passed out from the trauma of his morning. I am planning on waking him up momentarily because he has been a night owl lately. (And, believe me... that story is worthy of it's own blog entry...)
To Winter
5 years ago

0 comments:
Post a Comment