Tuesday, May 30, 2006

You humble me, Lord



Today we celebrated Michael's first birthday. Josh and I both took the day off, so that we could be together when Michael officially turned a year old...it happened today at 3:12 pm.

Even though Michael's birth was a year ago, the memories from that beautiful spring day are still so clear. I remember exactly what I wore, the way I laid my clothes beside the hospital bed before having the IV placed in my arm, the prayer that Mary said with us before I went into surgery, the things I said to Josh when I saw Michael for the first time, who played in the NBA playoffs (Spurs and the Suns), how fast the nurse talked to us in the mother/baby room, and not wanting to put Michael in the bassinet for a second. Michael's birth-day was truly one of the best days of our lives. I pray that the memories from that day never fade.

We have been so blessed with such a wonderful year. Having a child is undoubtedly one of the very best gifts from God. We're truly blessed beyond measure...

2 comments:

BigCat said...

Remembering birth days is very good way of sewing the memories of life together. I remember the day you were born and the first time I got to see you. Your father was so proud and almost in shock. And your mom was very much like you are with Micheal.

Remembering those birth days marks a moment in time that we use to attach to other things we may have forgotten. Happy Birthday Michael.

Greatest Uncle B

Harvey Sebastian said...

The blessings are endless! And the memories are...well...priceless. I find myself constantly daydreaming about BIRTHday bliss and all the precious details. We love you so much and can't wait for the boys to get together!