Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Tricked Ya!!


Last evening I decided to use a sick day to take Michael to the ped's office to have his ears checked. I have been worried about his little ears since last week and it seemed that he was having classic ear infection symptoms, minus the fever. He had a cold about a week ago, he fusses (well, cries...) when we put him to bed, he won't let anyone go near his ears, and last night he refused to eat (even his yo-baby yogurt), and refused to eat this morning. So I called the ped's office at 8:01 am to schedule an appointment.

During the appointment, our ped began to look at Michael's ears with that special little ear instrument and sure enough poor little Michael WAILED and WAILED. I thought to myself...he DEFINITELY has an infection. And wouldn't you know it...his ears are FINE. In fact it turns out that his throat, and his chest, and his weight are all FINE. I have a feeling this was a ploy to have a sick day with Mommie, which is totally fine with me.

We enjoyed our day and went for a great walk this evening. Michael's doctor suggested that the crying at night might be separation anxiety and the eating thing...well, he said don't force the eating. You would think that I could have figured all of this out on my own...Oh well, at least I got to spend an entire day with my little Sugar Plum!!

1 comments:

Harvey Sebastian said...

I think that darned ear scraper is STILL giving me nightmares. I am so glad to hear there is no infection.