Tuesday, April 11, 2006

"You can never have too many"...

My running partner recently told me about a tradition that her mother has started with their family. Everyone in the family was asked to compile a list of things or moments that you can never have too many of in your lifetime. She shared her "you can never have too many of..." with me on one of our runs, which is "you can never have too many peaks on your children while they are sleeping." This is so true!! Last night I probably checked on Michael twenty times or so before going to bed, simply because there is NOTHING like watching your baby sleep peacefully. It's like a little piece of heaven is in our home while Michael is sleeping.

This afternoon while I took the boys (Duncan and Michael) on our daily walk, I started to think of my own "you can never have too many..." moments. My top six are as follows:

1. You can never have too many walks in the park pushing your baby and walking your dog.
2. You can never have too many inside jokes with your husband.
3. You can never have too many morning runs watching the sun rise or noticing the beautiful moon with your friends.
4. You can never have too many spring breaks.
5. You can never have too many warm, sunny April afternoons.
6. You can never have too many days spent with your husband and son.

I encourage you to try this and share this wonderful idea with your loved ones!! It is a great spiritual exercise.

1 comments:

Harvey Sebastian said...

This is the most beautiful writing on your blog! I cried when I read it, just like I cry each time I read the card you gave us when Harvey was born. I peek in at Harvey so much...